You don’t need a CPS GENIE RFID card to use our chargers, you can register any valid card you already own, including cards from other networks, Oyster cards and even your contactless debit or credit card!
If you do not know the RFID number of the card you would like to use with the CPS GENIE network, then you must visit a CPS GENIE chargepoint to see if it is compatible.
Once at the chargepoint:
- Logon to your account at cpsgenie.com
- Visit the map page
- Click on the charger you are standing at
- Present the RFID or contactless card you would like to use at the charge point
- You will receive the message “Access Denied” or similar at the charger
- Wait for 30 – 60 seconds for the card to register on your mobile device, and then click the button “To use this card click here”
- Select the card type and click “Register Card”
- Your card is now registered for use with the CPS GENIE network